Mapping Interconnected Care

Image result for snacks and kids
On Mapping Interconnected Care, each teacher created a special method in helping their children maintain focus in class. For instance, Michelle provides snacks to her students. "...She explained her regular practice of buying food for students- breakfast every Thursday and snacks one or two other days a week." The teacher voluntarily spends her own earning money in order to give her children the necessary nutrients. Michelle's practice is a way to ensure her students have energy and focus to learn and actively engage in the classroom.
At my internship, I always provide my students snacks. Like Michelle, I want to make the kids feel important and know that they matter. Unfortunately my internship does not provide food which can be one way to improve the reading program. I notice students are more interested in joining programs such as The Reading Club (my internship) if more act of kindness are demonstrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stereotypes about Young People

"PLAY is the work of Childhood" -Jean Piaget

Let students have some say in what they have to study!